For this lesson I will be guiding you through my entire process of creating this colourful mixed media portrait.
We begin with painting an expressive, abstract and colourful background. we will play with materials and express ourselves through colour and markmaking.
Once our background is dry, we will be drawing the portrait. I will explain to you the proportions of a three quarter portrait that is looking down, and I will show you how to use the scale tool and how to get the proportions correct.
Then, using beautiful layers of thin acrylic paint to achieve depth and intensity, we will create our colourful portrait. We will be looking at values and form, to make our portrait come alive.
I will show you the mixing of the colours, and how to fix any mistakes we might make.
When the portrait is almost done, we will add some elements to really make the portrait pop, because we want it to be the focal point!
You will learn new techniques and skills, so that you can incorporate these in to your own future projects!
What Will You Learn?
- expressive, playful painting and markmaking
- finding inspiration
- creating a three quarter portrait looking down
- getting the proportions correct
- creating a portrait in non-traditional colours
- mixing colours and skin colours
- adding interest to your painting
- correcting mistakes
- using a scale tool for accurate measurements
- creating with layers of thin acrylic paint to achieve depth and intensity
- and much more......
Introduction and art supplies.
Colourful Serenity part 107:21
Creating the background.
Colourful Serenity, part 2.15:05
Drawing the portrait.
Colourful Serenity, part 3.30:02
Painting the portrait
Colourful Serenity, part 4.51:21
Colourful Serenity, part 5.46:29
Colourful Serenity, part 6.28:40